Water in NH Discbine module

mercredi 26 avril 2017

I have a NH 1409 discbine 9-3 with 7 modules.  Just finished servicing it to be ready for hay season.  I started changing the module gear oil each year as I was getting discoloration (milky color from water) in the gear oil on the outside module.  Local NH mechanic who seems very knowledgeable and who has been very helpful on multiple issues is stumped.  He says the seal is not leaking as there would be oil coming out and I would at least see oil stain somewhere when the db has been parked for a long time.  We thought it might be that I washed it off while it was still warm from use so I made double sure it was cool before I washed it off all last season.  I wash it out after every use to try to save the sheet metal as much as possible.  This year, same discolored gear oil but only in one module. Now there is not a lot of water getting in, no free water drains out.  It stays shedded most of the year.  only out when cutting hay as I have to prop wagons with hay in them  in the shed that I store the db in  during the off season.

 

Anyone with a theory on why the water is getting in?  MIke 10?



Water in NH Discbine module

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire