Hydraulic system design and sourcing.

dimanche 30 avril 2017

I have been reading up on hydraulics and I am more confused than educated. I work with pumps, motors etc. every day, but designing a system puts me in over my head.

What I want to do is run a hydraulic pump from a 540 pto. I will run it via chain and sprocket rather than run the pto to a gearbox. I am thinking that I will mount it under the pto shaft and generate power via the chain drive.

I would like that pump to power a minimum of a 55 hp motor via hoses, and relatively long ones.

I understand the need for reservoir sizing, and that it should be roughly three times the gpm of the system. According to what I think I know that will put it in the 150 range?

The next question. Where can I source a used pump and motor, and how can I ensure that they are compatible? Of course speeds can be handled via sprockets if necessary. Of course on the motor, of it was 540 rpm output and 55 hp that would work to.

I have a great hydraulic shop semi locally that can help me figure this out, but I can't get in there for a few days and I thought that I would post here.

Of course if this idea works, and I know similar has been accomplished, the information may be helpful to others.

I am thinking maybe a hydraulic pump from a skid steer would work? Maybe from a swather?

My goal is to design a double baler hitch that doesn't require a gearbox. I would like to put a hydraulic pump, pto driven, on the tongue of the first baler, taking power via the chain drive on the pto shaft. Using the tongue of the hitch as a reservoir, and to run the hoses along to the second baler. This in turn would power the hydraulic drive motor for the second baler. The motor would be on the hitch and utilize the original pto shaft on that second baler.

Any input would be helpful.

Hydraulic system design and sourcing.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire