Flail Mowers/Tall grass/Belts Slipping

mardi 11 février 2020

I have an OLD ford 3 point flail mower that I picked up for mowing field edges and roadsides. I like how a flail will cut clean and low. My problem is mowing tall first cutting grass along the field edge. The mower is about 72" wide and I have it on the Case IH 685 (65HP)

In tall grass I constantly have issues with the dual v belt on the mower slipping. This mower has a solid takeup not a spring loaded one like some models. The tractor doesnt load down at all really, the belts just slip. 

Anyone have a flail that can handle 65 hp and give the tractor a workout? I was thinking of converting it to a rollerchain drive like our old NI 270 cutditioner. 

I cant imagine the alamo roundside mowers have this problem. If they did road crews would junk them quick.

Any thoughts?



Flail Mowers/Tall grass/Belts Slipping

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire