Towing & Fuel Pump

mardi 18 février 2020

Last night the RTV just up and died with no warning. Luckily I was only 50' from the shop and on pavement. I was able to push the RTV to the shop door but not over the threshold by myself. But it got me thinking about towing. If I had been on the other end of the property and this happened, would/could I damage the transmission in the RTV if I had to drag it back to the shop with the tractor for a distance?

As for why the RTV died and will not restart, it appears to be the fuel pump from the limited diagnostics I have been able to do so far. When I crank on it, it appears to be a fuel starvation issue/lack of fuel that is keep the RTV from firing up. Fuel tank is full. Same fuel as in tractor and no problems with tractor and have burned more of this batch of fuel thru the tractor. Fuel filter bowl is full and not cloudy. Filter is clean and only has 5~7 hours on it. Of course it was getting dark, the ground was wet, so I opted not to crawl under the RTV last night. Of course it started raining before dawn this morning. My assistant helped me push the RTV in the shop this morning. Will let it dry out/off and finish diagnostics this evening. Question: how hard is it to get to the fuel pump? Assuming it is on the bottom/front of the motor. So will have to drop the skid plates for access.

I have read the "sticky" fuel pump thread (after I was already leaning towards this being a fuel pump issue). I ordered a low pressure fuel pump off Amazon just to be safe. My Kubota dealer is an hour away each direction. So if further diagnostics still points toward fuel pump I will have it on the way. If not send it back.

So insight on towing (for future reference) and fuel pump access is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
--Rick


Towing & Fuel Pump

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire