Raking patterns

dimanche 9 février 2020

Firstly, apologies. The topic has been brought up thousands of times on hundreds of forums. Raking patterns used. Usually there isn’t a problem for me as it’s doubled windrow. Single rotary rake and small square baler. However a man has asked me to cut his grass hay. It is well over 4ft high and so thick I won’t be able to double windrow as my baler would choke. This also wouldn’t be a problem if I had a tedder, however I lack that equipment so I always rake twice to dry any hay I do. It’s normally rake the next afternoon then rake the day after that normally before I bale. Seems to work for my grass hay and dry quite evenly. (I haven’t quite mastered the whole flipping windrows with a rake yet but it seems to tear it apart and restack it. Think I’ve read something about driving to the left on the windrow vs the right does different things). If I go round and round I don’t think I’ll have the room to rake it back the other way. Also single rowing it will be close to get the baler in between windrows. Look forward to any tips on patterns for a small square baler for a relatively new hayer.

Raking patterns

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire