IH 100 Balance Head Sickle Bar Mower - cutter bar tuning question

samedi 6 mars 2021

I have invested a quite a bit of time and money into getting this old sickle bar mower running, and today I finally got it reassembled and field tested.  The only problem I think I have is that the knife head gets very hot to the touch after running for only a little while.  so hot it burns my fingers to touch it.  I think there are several sections where the sections are not meeting properly with the ledger plate, causing a lot of friction and heat.  It even was smoking.  Also, you will see in the photo that grass is getting caught in the sections.

 

Can someone advise me on how to properly adjust the bar so I can correct this?

 

Thank you!

Attached Thumbnails

  • grass in bar teeth.png


IH 100 Balance Head Sickle Bar Mower - cutter bar tuning question

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire