Using a nonsilage round baler for high moisture hay...

jeudi 8 avril 2021

I have been looking for info on whether this is possible--using a standard round baler for high moisture baleage.  I purchased a new Vermeer 605R Classic in 2020.  It worked like a champ in the first season.

 

I ran into a customer that inquired about making high moisture bales.  I have not done this before so have been researching it.  It sounds like there are components (scrapers) that help to prevent material wrapping on the equipment that are needed or are useful.  I've heard on some some guys still being able to do it.  The dealer basically said don't do it, but I think that is just the standard response as they are just as unfamiliar with the process.  There is not much high moisture hay done locally, but this idea is intriguing since in East TX we battle high humidity and unexpected showers constantly in trying to cure out hay.

 

The talk about heavier bales needing heavier components (bearings, rollers, etc.) doesn't make sense to me. Last year I baled 2/3 of the bales as 4x5s and 1/3 as 4x6s.  From my calculations the 4x6s of dry hay would be heavier than a 4x5 of baleage.

 

Anxious to hear others' experiences and thoughts.

 



Using a nonsilage round baler for high moisture hay...

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire