Krone 42T - drive questions

samedi 10 avril 2021

Hi there - I have really appreciated all the information on this forum over the years, but this is my first post.

 

We just bought a 4-5 year old Krone 42T rake.  As I went to hook up the PTO shaft after towing it home, I found that the driveshaft running through the hollow body has about 1/2" of play forward and back.  I am wondering if this is normal or not.

 

The rake is quiet when running, but it has a bit of a "thunk" at start up, even with a "slow start" PTO on the tractor.

 

Now I am also noticing a 3" hairline crack in the casting where the pinion gear sits (it runs across the pinion shaft).  And when I look in the breather hole I do not see any lubricant (although it is hard to see) and the teeth are not perfect.

 

So - if there is endplay in the driveshaft, does that suggest that the pinion gear is able to move, and therefore come out of alignment with the ring gear.  Am I going to chew up my ring gear as soon as I start raking hay?  

 

 

Or is this all normal and the "thunk" is just play in the system?  Our Kuhn certainly has a thunk if you don't ease the PTO on.

 

 

Overall, I am excited about the Krone - it does seem heavily built!  I looked at Kuhn, NH, Claas, and Kubota.  The Claas seemed very nicely designed, but nothing used.  We have been happy with the Kuhn, but again, nothing used.  The NH and Kubota seemed lightly built, and were still more money than the Krone which looks great - but of course I did not see that hairline crack until I had it home.

 

Thank you for any insights!



Krone 42T - drive questions

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire