Flystrike?

vendredi 22 août 2014

Yesterday I checked on my new lil calf. Born Sunday so on Th 4 days old. He looked a bit odd as his midsection was wet even after lying down. I kinda shrugged it off. Checked today same thing. Closer lots of flies bothering. And maggots on top of back.



I did a quick google search and came up with flysrrike. Also possibility something injured him. Both said treat. So I made a quick run to town and bought some Blu-kote spray. Almost dark when I got home. I found him and sprayed his sides and back well. Where he is dirty in the pic he is now purple. He seems to have a spot maybe 4x5 inches on back from injury or just flies looks tender.



More info in case it is pertinant: calf was unexpected yet as older sisters were born 9.21 and 9.17. Him 8.17. I first saw him Sunday when brother asked about white calf. I said I don't have one. He pointed out that I did. We got lots of rain before this guy was completely dry. He was also banded on Sunday. He had lots of energy then so much it surprised me.





He is nursing well it appears. I only observed yesterday even8ng and today and he appears to be laying down a lot. When I found him after he got up he had a drink from mama.



Thoughts for what I should look for tomorrow? And what to do or how long should I wait before seeing if the Blu kote may have been enough?



20140822_183949.jpg



I have a hunch sides are dirty and muddy mostly from him rrying to itch with legs. I saw him doing that.



Flystrike?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire