"L" shaped cattle barn finished.

vendredi 22 août 2014

This is a loafing/calving barn one of my crews just finished. The main building is 32 ft X 96 ft with a 32 ft X 32 ft L'ed off of it on the open side. There is a 6 ft cantilevered over hang on the open sidewalls. The shed was designed to be 14 ft clear under the trusses, but after we started construction the owner wanted it shortened to just under 10 ft clear. The building was built on a 4 ft exposed concrete stem wall for easy clean out.



As having my own cow/calf operation I'm not a fan of the L shape, I feel the inside of the L won't permit enough sunlight in to the rear of the building for warmth at calving time. I also would use light transmitting panels on the cantilevered overhang roof.

Attached Thumbnails








"L" shaped cattle barn finished.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire