Suggestions for re establishing on a budget

vendredi 29 août 2014

I have 40 acres of field that has been cut but not fertilized for the past 10 years. I just bought tractor and hay equipment this year, split the field in 20 acre sections, fertilized and hayed one and pastured the other. 20 acres hay produced 240 50lbs bales. I wanted to mow pasture before weeds went to seed, unfortunately I was too late. Next year I plan to switch the fields ( pasture the one I hayed and hay the one I pastured)



Target crop is horse hay, likely Timothy brome.

Looking for suggestions on what I can do to kick start growth of hay and slow growth of weeds. Keep in mind I have only harrows and fert spreader at moment. Wanting to buy sprayed for herbicide.



I will at least harrow and fertilize next spring.

Can I pull harrows while I'm fertilizing?

Can I spray and fertilize the same year?



Thanks



Suggestions for re establishing on a budget

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire