disk mower bar types/ brands...

jeudi 28 août 2014

Hey! Presently running a PZ Zweegers CM 212 drum mower that's getting kinda long in the tooth... Been thinking about upgrading to a disk mower in the nine foot range... Maybe a caddy too because hitching gets old I don't usually have help and I'm not getting any younger...



I'm curious about the different brands out there... And more than color, the different types of bars... When we got the zweegers disks and drum mowers were just getting started good in our area... I liked the simplicity of the drum over the disk with only six gears in the whole gearbox and the box running a foot and a half off the ground versus like 23 gears running daisy chained together in a bar running in the dirt... But drum mowers are hard to find new anymore and usually narrower than a comparable disk mower....



I've got a New Holland 5610S and ran a Kuhn 9.5 footer behind a 5610S for a buddy when he needed help and it handled it great...



I don't like shear hubs and other "gimmicks" and not being able to replace individual parts but I'm not sure who has them and who doesn't... Kinda like the looks of Modular bars with individual cutter units like the New Holland mowers... What brands are like that??



My regular dealer is mainly Kuhn, but I wonder about the shear hubs and bearing units durability... I'd like to hear about maintenance issues, costs, durability, ease of maintenance, etc....



I'd love to hear experiences and recommendations....



Later! OL JR



disk mower bar types/ brands...

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire