Charging problem......

lundi 1 décembre 2014

I got this Kawasaki Mule that I inherited from my late Daddy, I think it's a '91 model. Had very little trouble with it, heck it still has the original tires on it!

Started a while back having battery troubles, & a volt meter at the battery terminals showed a drop in voltage as the engine sped up. Took it to a local small engine repair, they said they thought it was the stater, but wanted to keep it for a few days to go all thru it to make sure. (Long story short, attitude of the owner, I'll never -willingly- give or send him any more business.)

I just got finished putting a new stater in it & got it started up. When it's at an idle, my volt meter would read ~13.2v, but at full throttle only ~12.2. Idling & riding it around for probably 10 or 15 minutes it did charge the battery up enough to start it back up, but what gives?

ANYBODY got any ideas on what to check?

Thanks!!




Attached Images





File Type: jpg P_00406.jpg (44.0 KB)







Charging problem......

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire