Lights on New V4210 Cab

mercredi 17 décembre 2014

Got my new cab and thought it should have some new lights. I thought they should be relatively low profile so I could still get it in the garage w/o ripping them off.



My thanks go out to Tailrotor and 71sschevelle for their previous posts on LED work lights.





I decided to go with a 20" 126W light bar for the front20" 126W light bar for the front . It has 24 floods and 18 spots which I think is an excellent combo for a UTV. I bent a piece of 18" wide .050 sheet steel to add support to the roof where I mounted the light. It is bolted / sandwiched between the roof frame and the roof.





For the back I went with a pair of 18W LED floods18W LED floods .



I couldn't be happier with the purchases.











Just Headlights





With work lights



I also added six marker lights to the cab (2 per side and 2 on the back) and connected them to a strobe controllerstrobe controller .

I live on a back country highway. I wanted to make things a bit safer when plowing and didn't want to mount a beacon on the roof which would again hit when going into the garage. The marker lights are armored so there shouldn't be an issue if the occasional tree branch hits them.



Wiring:









Here you see two switches below the main switch panel that I added for the strobes. The one in front is a SPDT switch that will either turn on the strobes via a constant 12v lead or tie them into the hazard switch. That way if I can set it so they come on when I turn the hazards on. The second switch further back changes the mode of the strobe controller. The two silver screws even further back mount the strobe controller.



I'm liking it all so far, can't wait for more snow!





Lights on New V4210 Cab

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire