RTV backup camera

mercredi 17 décembre 2014

I'm finding the downside of the new Curtis/Kubota MKII cabs is the difficulty in mounting outside mirrors. My wife has a Prius that has a backup camera and while driving it the other day, I thought that one of those might solve my RTV rear view problem.



Looking at aftermarket cameras showed most of them have a limited angle of vision but I finally found this Pyle PLCM7700 that claimed 170 deg vision angle and was about $70 w/free shipping from Amazon.



Judy approved the purchase as an early Xmas present so on to the results.



I decided to hook it up with a switch on the dash instead of a switch activated by the reverse gear so it would be available in other gears.



I finished the install after dark and turned it on to see if it would power up. It not only powered up but it has a decent picture at night outside. The picture below is a daytime shot, however.



A couple of pictures should give the info necessary on the install.



[IMG] [/IMG]



[IMG] [/IMG]



The install is not real pretty yet but if it works out, I'll clean it up and make it pretty. Bob





RTV backup camera

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire