Shifter stuck in reverse, 2004 RTV900W

samedi 7 novembre 2015

I backed up to the barn door. It's a grade. Done it several hundred times. I usually flip the lever out of reverse just as I'm stopping. I didn't this time. When I got back in and tried to get it out of reverse, it resisted. I tried all the usual tricks, none worked, then I pushed on the lever, apparently too hard because something felt like it gave a little then the thing snapped into the neutral position and wouldn't go anyplace else.

I called the service folks, they send a man over. He couldn't get it freed up either. Said they have to take it to the shop. Yuk. I hate it when things to go the shop.

I looked at the parts manual and the service manual. Looking at the parts list, D20500 Range Gear Shift Fork; it looks like I can remove a cover (D2100 Range Gear Arm) on the top that has a shaft that moves left and right, as well as another arm. There is a lot of linkage, but I can deal with that.

The parts diagram for the shift fork shows a pin that stocks down from the range gear arm that appears to slide into one of the other of a pair of shift forks. It acts like it's slipped out of the notch on one of them and can't go back. My theory is that if I take this thing off, the pin will come out, the forks can be slide into alignment, and the thing reinstalled.

Have any of you had this problem?

Have you taken this thing I'm talking about off and been able to fix it?

Thanks
Fitch


Shifter stuck in reverse, 2004 RTV900W

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire