New Holland 68 plunger slide dimensions

mardi 24 novembre 2015

I was doing some maintenance on the new holland 68 this fall and noticed I have a gap of almost 1/2" between the plunger knife and stationary knife. I am not having much luck getting the adjusters to move the plunger and I have a huge gap on top of the plunger.

 

My plunger knife needs sharpened anyway so I am gonna pull the plunger out of the baler. While I had it out I was going to go ahead and replace the wooden plunger slides. I am not willing to pay new holland's  crazy price so I plan to make new slides.

 

Heres where the problem comes. My slide are badly worn and I am not sure what the factory dimensions of the slides are supposed to be? I have heard there are drawing floating around the internet but I have been unable to find them.

 

What material to make them out of ?

 

Do I need to soak them in used oil after they are made?

 

Any other tips when doing this job ?

 

Thanks for the help



New Holland 68 plunger slide dimensions

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire