PROJECT Manure spreader!!!

samedi 28 novembre 2015

Bought this spreader for $7,000 last winter and put it right to work.
In MY area, that spreader was going for over 12k at dealer lots.
I really like it. Has auto chain oiling system and third auger. Kinda cool. It Saved me a lot of money in fertilizer, increased my yield and gave me some enjoyable winter work to do. I'd like to give her a makeover. The frame, axles, augers and tub are still pretty solid.
All the c-channel side extensions were FUBARED & rusted beyond recognition. Yesterday I buzzed off all the bolts and pulled the sides off.
Meyers wants ,$1,100 for all 6 side pieces. Probably a few hundred in shipping, too.
About 10 zerks need replaced, they barely resemble a zerk fitting anymore and won't take grease. Don't know how easily they will come out.
One of the flotation tires has slow leak-fix a flat does nothing.
One of the wheel grease hub caps is missing-easy fix
Would like to install road lights, turn signals. Meyers wants $300 for the optional road lights kit. You have to understand my area. It's suburban-semi rural. Lots of cars. Lights & signals are very smart to have.

I could dump close to $2,000 in it. It probably saves me 10k/yr in fertilizer bills, so is it worth fixing up OR should I trade her in and go bigger/newer-used unit? I can already feel I might outgrow it.

Attached Thumbnails

  • image.jpeg


PROJECT Manure spreader!!!

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire