X1100C Driving Lights

samedi 14 novembre 2015

I started to install the LED driving lights I bought on a recommendation from here. They are quite nice, $20 for the pair from Amazon. I had planned on making my own brackets using ideas found here too, but I discovered that the factory mounts that came with the lights are perfect. So, I decided to mount one and see what it looks like. I took off one of the two-bolt plates that hold the roof on, just to see if the factory drilled the hole for me. Surprise! Not only did they drill the holes, they ran the wires out and into a pocket in the rubber block under the plate. And, the wires have a socket installed already. Cool... but then I noticed that one of the lights is not correct. The holes for the mounting bolts aren't threaded... grrr... I can fix it, but I shouldn't have to, so I put everything away and sent a note to the vendor. As I was putting them away, I came across the original tail lights for the RTV. The turn signal kit comes with new tail lights it seems, AND, it appears that one of the plugs on the light will fit the socket for the driving lights. That was good news.
I'll get pics of everything when I actually install the lights. Snow headed this way.


X1100C Driving Lights

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire