Kubota BX1500D information needed.

dimanche 19 novembre 2017

I am a newbie to tractors. I’ve had shoulder surgery on one side and am likely to have surgery on the other side as well. I have to face the fact that that I can’t do everything I used to. I have a 4.5-acre lot with a large garden. So, I wanted to be able to move snow, move dirt, mow the field and till the garden.

I have a tight budget, so I wanted to buy a used sub compact tractor.
After watching for one for a couple of years a 12-year-old Kubota BX1500 with less than 500 hours of run time became available at a reasonable price and I travelled 90 miles to purchase it. It has an LA181 FEL, a mid-mount mower, and back blade. I hope to add a snow blade and a rear tiller at some point.

The prior owner had quite bit of work done to it to make it ready for sale and provided the invoices. New seat, new belts, oil changed, filters changed, new headlight assembly and switch. Mower deck got a new wheel, new blades, and one of the spindles replaced.

But, of course, there are some issues. First, no owner’s manual. Didn’t seem like much of a problem at first as it was assumed that copies were available for download online.

It seems that is true for nearly everything other that the BX1500. It turns out this tractor was only made for three years, 2003 to 2005. Mine is a 2005. So, I went to the local dealer to see if they could order one for me. The answer was yes, and the cost was $20.
I ordered one. Turns out the dealer didn’t research enough to find out that the manual was one that superseded a previous version and now applied to BX1800 and BX2200 only.

The dealer said they couldn’t refund a special order, even if it was wrong. They also said it would be virtually the same, so it shouldn’t be an issue.

There is plenty that is not the same.
• Specifications – different engine means different fluid capacities
• 3 pt hitch – this manual says Cat 1 but dealer and others have said mine is Cat 0
• Are the dimensions really the same?
• Implement Limitations Spec Page – are they correct for the 1500?
• Instrument Panel (dash) – definitely not the same
• Fuse Block - 1800 & 2200 are different, so I suspect the 1500 is also different.

These last two points are an issue for me at the moment. The dash is missing the lens over the Low Fuel light. The graphics for the other lights have disintegrated. Upon removing the plastic face (most of the adhesive had failed) I found several socket areas to be empty with no bulb or bulb socket. I don’t know what each bulb represents and have no reference in the new manual. I have figured out a few from a 1500 specific parts manual I was able to download. Also, tail lights and turn signals not currently working.

I know there have to be others who still own and operate this little tractor. If anyone can help me with any of the above missing information I would deeply appreciate it.





Kubota BX1500D information needed.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire