Hay seeder decision time.

samedi 11 novembre 2017

Next spring and fall I'm going to be planting about 80 ac of new hay. My current planter is a 15 foot Great Plains no till drill with no till coulter cart grass seed box and 7.5 spacing. I'm strongly considering selling it and replace with a dedicated seeder for two reasons. 1.) I'm. Not going to plant beans with it because I have access to a DB 60 planter. 2.) I feel the 7.5 inch spacing is too wide for alfalfa and grass.

With all of that said I'm considering two seeders. The tried and true Brillion, and the newer Land Pride NTS 25. I really like the idea of the land pride with the spiked no till roller for renovating pastures and possibly being able to no till seed alfalfa/orchard grass directly into bean stubble. What do the experts of hay talk think? Has anyone seen a NTS25 in action? Are they as as good as a Brillion? Thank you

Hay seeder decision time.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire