Round baling corn stalks

jeudi 30 novembre 2017

Once again I have been asked to RB corn stalks. Same guy asked me last year but we never made a deal and did it. Is this the procedure:
Mow stalks with bush hog set low
Rake stalks into rows
Bale

Now for the questions:
I have a CX-15. It does not have a corn stalk kit on it. Is this a problem?
Do I need to change my rake? Like set it higher than for hay?
Do I need to change anything on the Baler? Should I add more wraps? Currently set at 2.5/bale.
Are the bales typically heavier than average 15% hay bales (I know it depends on corn stalk moisture, but just an expected average would help)?
How Do I charge for it? He has no hay equipment. Is it kind of like I get the guys corn field cleaned up and I keep all the bales? Or do you typically share bales with him? If yes, how many or what percentage?
Anything else?

Round baling corn stalks

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire