Questions about hauling a NH 1037 stacker wagon.

vendredi 17 novembre 2017

I'm looking at a stacker wagon in an auction and the machine is located in Ohio, about 310 miles from me.  If I do get this wagon, I'm probably going to tow it home myself since the cheapest price quote I've gotten for shipping is $1,500.  I do have some question about towing this machine through two other states plus my own.  Since I live here, I am pretty familiar with the NY laws governing the towing of farm equipment that is over width (the wagon is about 10 feet with the bale loader raised).  What are the rules for Ohio and Pennsylvania?  Here are some of my specific questions, but feel free to chime in with anything that I'm missing.

 

  1. Are there any daylight hour restrictions for towing over width equipment?
  2. What are the speed limits for needing or not needing a slow moving sign?
  3. Are warning flags on the widest parts of the equipment required?
  4. Is a safety chain required?
  5. Are there any lighting requirements? 

I do plan on using a set of magnetic trailer lights and putting a set of warning flags on the frame of the side boards.  A safety clip in the draw pin is a given.

 

Thanks in advance for all your help.

 



Questions about hauling a NH 1037 stacker wagon.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire