Double crop soybeans into old alfalfa stand?

lundi 26 novembre 2018

Has anyone on here done this? 

 

I have an old stand of alfalfa (5 years) that took a beating this year with all the rain.  Had water standing on it a couple times, normally this ground is drained pretty good but this year was different.  Anyway the stand is getting tired, and the foxtail moved in.  I need to try and take at least one cutting off of it next year.  But was thinking after first cutting that I could no till in soybeans and roundup kill the alfalfa?  Then next year tear it up and plant it back to alfalfa.

 

Usually around here what I have seen and done isl tear up the alfalfa field in the fall, plant corn in it next year.  Then take it back to alfalfa the year after.  But to try and get one cutting off I'd be too late for corn so I thought maybe putting beans in to try and get something off of it for the rest of the year might work, and might get me back to alfalfa quicker.



Double crop soybeans into old alfalfa stand?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire