New Idea 3715 Spreader RX

mercredi 26 décembre 2018

I have a NI 3715 spreader bought new I think in 03.  So it has a solid 15 years with non-stop contact with horse manure and sawdust.  Parked in a pit with a roof and 2 sides so not a lot of saturation of the manure other than what is in the bedding.  Had galvanized sidewalls and HDPE floor.  Just putting my 3rd or 4th apron chain it it and see that the chain rub rail at the bed is starting to go.  One spot showing the floor but other areas still have a fair thickness left on the rail.

 

My question- has anyone been successful in adding a new rail?  There is not enough competence in the existing rail to weld to so I would have to put some type of angle in and bolt to the side wall.  It is not replaceable by itself, it was formed into the sidewall.  If not that approach, what other would you suggest I look at?  I know going to the spreader store is painful and I dump it now anyway since I have lost my place to spread it.  If I replaced it I would get a dump trailer with a spray in bed liner.



New Idea 3715 Spreader RX

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire