Pounding Sawed Posts

mercredi 12 décembre 2018

I typically use round pressure treated posts and pound them in with our tractor mounted pounder. I had some locust trees come down in a storm and I am considering getting some square posts sawed out of the trunks. Has anyone pounded posts like this in? I am wondering if the post will split under the pounding pressure if the grain isn't 100% straight. I detest digging post holes and tamping posts so I really don't want to go that route.

   If pounding woulding work my neighbor has a skidsteer mounted auger. I was wondering if I could use the auger and make a hole but not pull the dirt out of the hole. Just loosen it all up, then pound the post into the loose dirt. Anyone ever try that?

  



Pounding Sawed Posts

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire