2 basket rotary tedder

dimanche 4 avril 2021

Looking at 2 basket rotary hay tedders. Our operation is small, just doing hay for our 2 horses so 15-16 large rounds per year unless neighbor wants to do more.  Our hay field soil is plenty damp so tedding is a must most years.  Our neighbor cuts/conditions and wheel rakes for us, but only has a H&S bat tedder which is just a small step better than nothing.  To be honest most any model rotary should do well for us, but I like nice stuff so investing in a quality tedder that is overkill on build is not an issue.  Locally I have a dealer with Esch.  Another dealer had Kuhn units coming in.  I have seen the Enorossi at less than $3k, the Pequea at mid $3k, Kuhn at just under $4k.

 

I would like to run behind my Deere 3720 CUT.  No concerns on HP with 44 engine and 35 pto.   The drawbar is quite low though so I use a drawbar on my Imatch to run the manure spreader. This puts teh pivot quite a ways back from the PTO coupling.  Alternate tractor: neighbor uses small Deutz (3006?) for stuff like this.

 

Esch 2009:  Looks pretty sturdily built, but the rotor gears are open grease and I’m not sure I like that.

 

Enorossi Vortex G2V:  Look OK but the price being so cheap and the build looks somewhat frail.  The PT version (mounted) might not be back if it follows the quick hitch pattern like Imatch.    

 

Pequea 26: This one really intrigues me, BUT I have read a lot of forum threads saying that these can be temperamental.  Not sure if this has changed in recent years?

 

Vermeer TD100:  I like the hook tine concept, but unfortunately the smaller units have std tines and no hydraulic  

 

Kuhn GF222T:  Strong reputation, not much detail about construction or what sets them apart.  The odd offset pto shaft routing is a concern as well.  Looks like they combined the RH side gearboxes or at least mounted together.

 

Krone:  No 2 basket modles?  

 

I’d like a the convenience of hydraulic tilt so I can set the mechanical stop and leave it or tweak rather than crank fully to transport, somewhat compact unit.  I’d really like the hook tines based on what I have read.  I wonder if they could be used on other mfr tedders?  Looks like they use a different arm attach angle. 

 

Storage:  The Pequea with its minimalistic guards looks like it would take up the least space in a tight shed.  If the hitch could be folded up out of the way better yet.   



2 basket rotary tedder

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire