Home Made High Rise Air Intake RTV 900

mercredi 20 août 2014

The other day I removed my air filter (K&N Outer Filter), blew it out, and decided I needed to get my intake higher than the stock setup. Here is a breakdown of the parts that I used. In the first picture is the lower assembly, starting with the curved factory hose attached to the intake on the air filter canister and the parts are listed beginning with that hose:



2" OD x 2 1/8" ID exhaust pipe adapter $3.50

2" PVC Street Elbow $2.27

2" OD x 2" OD exhaust pipe adapter $3.50

2" ID Flexible Exhaust Pipe(6' pc) $28.00



Second picture:



2" ID Flex pipe (used 4')

2" OD x 2" OD exhaust pipe adapter $3.50

2" PVC Street Elbow $2.27

2" PVC pipe (not cut)

2" PVC elbow

2- 2" screw pipe clamps



The items not priced were in my home stock. I used Flexfix tape for class 1 duct to attach and seal all connections. The 2" OD x 2 1/8 ID adapter slipped over the factory hose and note that I cut off 1/2" the smaller end of that adapter. The other adapters fit inside the flex pipe and I used screw clamps at those connections after taping. The metal adapters fit snugly in the PVC fittings and the tape creates a tight seal. The 2" flexible exhaust pipe just fit between the ROPS and the bed without pinching. I used PVC cement to attached the top PVC street elbow to about 13" of 2" PVC pipe.



Cable ties were used generously to secure the pipe and at the very end of the intake I decided to use at PVC "T", instead of a 90 degree elbow, wrapped with fiberglas furnace filter material to keep any flying critters out. Overall, I had a little less than $50 in material, not counting what I had in home stock, plus time and gas to pick up material, and about 1-1/2 hours of labor.



The remaining pictures are the final results. I started up the engine and it seems to run fine.








Home Made High Rise Air Intake RTV 900

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire