Is the RTV the right UTV for me?

dimanche 1 mars 2015

I was about to pull the trigger on a new 2015 RTV X1100C but after reading some of the experiences from owners, I’m having second thoughts. In particular, I have concerns relating to the ability of the RTV to handle very steep inclines. There are reported incidences of the machine “bogging” down on steep grades with a full load.



My property has several very steep inclines that I’m guessing would exceed a 20% grade. I will use the UTV to haul wood, gravel and construction material for projects around the property. Speed is not an issue as I don’t do any trail riding but it needs to climb like a goat. Eventually when I take up full-time residence at my retreat, the UTV would be part of my arsenal used for snow clearing. I will likely purchase a tractor with a snow blower that will handle the heavy work and the UTV will help to clear up some of the lighter snow clearing chores. Some areas of the property are off the beaten path and so I’m leaning towards having ATV tires installed as opposed to worksite or turf tires? I may also purchase Soucy tracks for times when the snow gets very deep.



So what do you think? Is the RTV 1100C the right tool for the job? I recently stumbled across the Polaris Brutus and although intrigued with the concept of having the ability to use PTO attachments, they appear to be light-duty and not built for serious work. I do however like the treadle pedal and really wish the Kubota had this feature.



I appreciate your thoughts.





Is the RTV the right UTV for me?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire