ITP Blackwater Evolution 27" tire upgrade

jeudi 28 janvier 2016

After the 4th time I walked out of the timber to get the tractor to pull the RTV I decided I'd had enough of the factory tires......

So I bought a set of Blackwater Evolution tires. Last Fall I added an 1" lift kit to my RTV. With that I thought I could handle 27" tires.

The Blackwater tires are only available in 9" width or 11" width. I freaked out about clearance on the front. So I ordered two 9" and two 11". What I should have done was order two 11" and mount them on the front to check for clearance. If they rubbed I could then order two 9"...... But I didn't....

With 9" on the front and 11" on the back I have no rub issues whatsoever. I swapped the 11" tires to the front and took a timber lap. No rub issues.

Anyway,,,,, what an improvement. On even terrain, as in, no lifting a tire off the ground it will climb more in 2wd, open rear, than it would previously in 4wd, open rear. It will climb more in 2wd, locked rear than it would previously in 4wd, locked rear.

The additional 1" of clearance is readily noticeable!!! So now with the 1" lift and 2" tire size upgrade I have 2" of undercarriage clearance gain. Don't sound like much. But when you are this low to the ground it's like a 25% gain in clearance!!!! Makes me happy!!!! :)

Here's a pic of my stock tire sitting beside an ITP 27" 589.
And a pic of the 27" Blackwater sitting beside the same ITP 27" 589.



ITP Blackwater Evolution 27" tire upgrade

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire