Preservative Question

jeudi 21 janvier 2016

Thinking about making a preservative applicator for my square baler. It would be manual on/off.

In as much as it's manual vs auto - naturally the application would be on the worse case side - understood.

However, other than cost, what is the down side to - to much preservative? I'd be using buffered propionic acid.

In addition to the preservative applicator, I would install a moisture meter in the bale chamber. From those readings while baling and in the tractor seat, I'd bring on/off the preservative as required.

Question is - does the "moisture" of the preservative squew the readings? Thinking about using an Agtronix BHT-2 meter.

It would be nice if the meter had a set if dry contacts you could use to enable the pump on the applicator on/off and then I'd have a fairly low cost automated system.

Lastly - "buffered" propionic acid. Pretty much everything I have read indicated rust isn't an issue. What's you're real world experience?

The goal is NOT to use the acid - but to have it ready to go if necessary. I think I can successfully explain propionic acid treated hay to a horse customer, but IMHO the door to a sale is closed with dusty hay and me and the goat customers and their skinny wallets are good friends - LOL!

Thanks!
Bill

Preservative Question

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire