A good rake problem...

dimanche 9 avril 2017

After a few years wrestling junky rakes I gave in and bought a new 258 from the local NH dealer. It has the standard 100 teeth. First day on the job, had teeth bound up on strippers, felt it was an assembly issue and sent it back. Came back and worked fine. So this winter, I go to add the 155 tooth kit, and I see where the teeth are currently in the outside holes(2 standard teeth per). Everything I've seen says right tooth should be a reverse when using the fine tooth setup...and now I'm thinking that's why it jammed up at first.
So now they've "adjusted" the bars to where the wrong teeth are in the right place? If I set it up according to the manual, now the forward teeth are closer to and rubbing the bars instead of the reverse teeth. I shorted the dealer $300 as a thank you for this mess but am now thinking I'm still behind on my time and still not sure I want to bend everything back. There is no precision bending on these stripper bars and this is a brand new machine.
My options are, let it rub, bend on it, or send it back again.
I really don't want to send it back.

A good rake problem...

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire