Silo King applicator

samedi 8 avril 2017

I called the Silo King rep for this area yesterday to set up a date for him to bring out an applicator to install on my new 1840 baler. I have two choices of applicators......either a Gandy applicator with a blower or the Sidekick auger meter applicator with blower. The main difference I understand between the two is the Sidekick applicator would allow me to be able to adjust the application rate on the go in the cab of the tractor while the Gandy I would have to get out and make a manual adjustment to change the rate.

I really don't know if I would use the on the go adjustment with the Sidekick applicator all that much because I would just set it for the maximum bales per hour I would bale and adjust my ground speed as the windrow got heavier/lighter which would keep me baling at the max capacity which I set the applicator for. For the on the go application rate adjustment I would still have to refigure how many bales per hour to know how much to change the rate setting.

There is about $1,000 difference in the price of the applicators. The Silo King rep is recommending that I go with the Sidekick applicator but I'm leaning more towards the Gandy. Thought I would see if anyone on Haytalk had used either applicator and which one you would suggest I get.

Hayden

Silo King applicator

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire