ElectroBraid and calves

dimanche 15 novembre 2020

Long story short we quit boarding horses after 18 years and so I thought I would try some cows. Our pastures are fenced with 4 strands of ElectroBraid. Three hots one ground. I bought two 8 month old heifers from a friend that recommended I stall them for a week before turning them out. Well today we turned them out and we had to cut power to the fence and take a section down to get them in the pasture. Before I could get the power hooked back up one of them went through the fence and was loose. I got the fence back up and hot again and we got the calf back in. My question is will the calves keep challenging the fence if we lose power? Or will they settle in and resign themselves to the pasture? I have seen other fences that wouldn’t take a lot for cows to escape from and didn’t think our fences would be a problem. But the selling point on using ElectroBraid for horses is that it will give and pop back if a horse challenges it. I just thought 4 strands will keep them deterred but I guess I have a lot to learn about cows.

ElectroBraid and calves

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire