Putting together my equipment package - need some advice

mardi 3 novembre 2020

HI all,

 

Next year I will be taking over haying on 35 acres of grass hay and I need to outfit myself with equipment.  I have two tractors: a JD 6320 and a JD 950 which should be more than adequate to pull the equipment, and I have a barn for storage.

 

I'm trying to spend as little as possible to start and still get the job done right so  I'm thinking a disc mower/conditioner, tedder, rake, small square baler with a thrower, and a couple hay wagons.  I'm in horse country so I see no need for a round baler.

 

What models and sizes do you recommend and how much should I expect to pay for used, reliable equipment in the mid-Atlantic?  How old is too old?

 

What's the concensus on type of conditioner - roller/inverter/flail?

 

Anyone have any experience with a bale basket?  I think they're a neat concept but they seem to be kind of scarce.

 

 

 

Thanks!

 

 



Putting together my equipment package - need some advice

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire