Sickle bar mower - getting started / questions

lundi 23 novembre 2020

I picked up a 7 foot, 3 point, International Model 100 balanced head sickle bar mower a few weeks ago, and would like some advice.

 

I paid $500 for it.

Upon field testing it, I identified that the wobble box is shot.  Rowse Rakes in Nebraska will it for around $400-500, assuming a bearing kit will do the trick.

The mower could use a new knife and some fine tuning, but otherwise looks good.

I think I can make a trip to Rowse in Nebraska, spend $700 for a rebuilt wobble box, new knife, and an overall tuning.  Have a like-new mower for a total of $1200-1300 (including a work-over by Rowse, which is worth a quite a bit IMO).  I will incorporate a pheasant hunting trip for my 11 and 13 year old boys, to justify the trip from Kansas City, Missouri.

 

Questions:

1) Is this a reasonable amount to spend, or should I call it a $500 life tax, and look for a different mower?  If so, what are the makes and models I should be shopping for?  I plan to hay 10 acres right now.

2) Long term, will this make and model be just as good as another sickle mower in this price range, as far as obtaining parts (Rowse Rakes) and keeping it in working order?  Or, is there another you would recommend that will cause me less heartache?

 

Thanks, all!

 

(photos attached)

Attached Thumbnails

  • 20201031_084705.jpg
  • 20201031_091313.jpg


Sickle bar mower - getting started / questions

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire