Improvements to Hay Storage Shed?

samedi 28 novembre 2020

10+ years ago we bought a property that had a 40'x100' steel shed on it.  Tin covered, non insulated, concrete floors throughout, windows on each end along with 14' roll up doors on each end.  Over a handful of years it has slowly become by dedicated hay storage shed.  I'm wondering if there is anything I should be considering to do as far as improvements that would make it a better place to store hay?  

 

Any hay I put in the shed doesn't really seem to keep much color over time.  I've made a few haphazard attempts to cover the windows with cardboard or plastic to block sunlight, but windy days (when the shed is open hauling in hay, loading out customers, etc.) don't help and I know I need to improve on that end.  I stack usually 6 high on edge on pallets and 10 deep from the wall.  

 

Another thing I noticed is the shed also doesn't have any sort of vents built in anywhere.  I'm afraid I might be storing my good hay in a "hotbox".  I don't have any issues with hay molding or mildewing in any way just thinking I need to allow my shed to breathe some.  

 

Looking for some input and thoughts from others smarter than me.



Improvements to Hay Storage Shed?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire