Going to look at a New Holland 276 Baler - help please

dimanche 29 novembre 2020

I am a newbie and am trying to build my arsenal of tools to prepare for the upcoming hay season.  I have sickle mower and a rake.

Today, I am going to look at (and probably buy) a New Holland 276 baler.  I have read a lot of forum information, and the general consensus is that it is a nice baler.

 

INFO:  This seller told me that he purchased it from a dealer 6 years ago, and has baled 1000 bales a year since them.  Has done a few maintenance type repairs but no major breakdowns.  He said that the knotter always messes up the knots on the first 2 bales, but after that everything runs great.  He is willing to start it up and let me watch it run, but he said he won't be able to run anything through it, so the purchase will be blind on how it actually makes bales.  He is also going to give me the operators and service manuals, which is a nice little plus.

 

1.  I think $1000 is a great price, and I have been watching prices on New Holland balers (273, 276, etc.)  Is it just a good price, or does it indicate red flags?

2.  What do I need to look at while the mower is off?  Wear and tear items.

3.  What do I need to look for while I watch it run?

4.  Is the knotter missing the first 2 bales a problem that you all on this forum could help me fix through adjustment?  I need to get to know the baler anyway.

5.  Other things that I may have missed?

 

Thank you!  This forum is excellent and will help me acquire knowledge slowly as I tiptoe into my hay hobby (10 acres).



Going to look at a New Holland 276 Baler - help please

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire