John Deere 640 rake - repair question and routine maintenance advice

dimanche 22 novembre 2020

Hi all.  This forum helped me solve some initiate balance and height adjustment issues right after I got the rake.  While working through and solving these problems, there are 2 things I want to do now.  Take a look...

 

1) Routine maintenance - what are the steps to take to properly lubricate and maintain the rake?  I see that it has a lot of grease zerts, and I have added grease to a few.  Can I over-grease?  Also, gear box fluid.  How often to I add/change the fluid in the drive box on the left side?  Should I just get an operators manual and follow what they say in there?

 

2) I need to repair one of the bearing housings where the bar attaches to the wheel on the left side wheel.  It has sloppy play in it.  do I just remove it, then break it down and see what piece is worn, then replace it?  I hate to take it off and not be able to fix it, and be worse off than 1 of my 8 attachment points being sloppy.

 

Appreciate the help.

 



John Deere 640 rake - repair question and routine maintenance advice

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire