Another newbie owner

mardi 20 janvier 2015





Hi Folks,



I have been "lurking" on this great forum for a month or so trying to learn all I could about the RTV before making a purchase decision.



So despite the many quirks that I learned about the machine here, I finally made the decision to purchase a used 2005 900R camo model with 250 hrs on it. It appears to be in really good condition and was set up by the original owner for quail hunting here in Texas. Since the bird hunting has slowed down so much he decided to part with the machine and I got it to use on my deer hunting lease in West Texas.



It's equipped with the Kubota top, glass windshield, overhead console with a currently non-functioning Jensen CD/radio, front cargo over-hood rack plus a front hitch rack, camo cab enclosure, glove box, rear cargo light, lift kit with Swamp Witch tires, bed-mounted tool box and high-rise seat, gun racks, and sprayed in bed liner.



I bought it about two weeks ago and it went directly to the hunting camp but I only got to use it for one day before we lost a family member to early-onset Alzheimer's and had to leave it there. I just got it home last night and was able to get it into my garage (barely!) by letting the air out of the tires so the top and radio antenna would clear.



Now I will get started on replacing fluids (Yep, I know....SUPER UDT!), filters, etc. as well as removing/cleaning the spark arrestor and installing a high-rise air intake. I've already ordered a set of Peanut's boot guards and they should be here shortly. And I definitely need to get some type of side-mounted rear view mirrors installed since I can't see a darn thing out the rear with the high-rise seat and dust-covered rear cab enclosure in place!



I want to thank everyone for sharing your knowledge and experience in this medium with those of us who need it! :thankyou2:



Now how the heck do I post pics of my new toy on here? I have some on my iPhone and know that I will have to get them into my computer first. Can I just do a copy/paste to insert them when I'm ready?





Another newbie owner

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire