New to forum new to Alfalfa Timothy hay.

lundi 5 janvier 2015

I am not new to farming, but have never grown and baled Alfalfa. I have grown a variety of

crops over the years with good success. My farm is in Ohio and I have a couple friends with riding

stables begging me to grow hay for their horses. I am considering trying to grow and bale

Alfalfa Timothy mix for them. I have a 25 acre field that is very well drained bottom land with ph

of 6.9 and should do well for a site. At most, I don't think I would ever plant more than 50 total

acres. I have a new JD 6330 and a new JD 5055E that I will use. I have some other tractors,

but these two give you an idea of what I have. I also have all the equipment needed to prepare

the ground and plant with. I have planted many acres of clover and Timothy for cattle hay ( I let a

neighbor bale it for his cattle). I have even planted some alfalfa for him with good success. HOWEVER,

I don't have any hay equipment or experience. I want to minimize physical labor. I am looking at buying

a small inline baler, discbine conditioner, rake, Tedder, Kuhn accumulator and grapple. Please

start giving me advise please. I need a lot haha.



New to forum new to Alfalfa Timothy hay.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire