Hay Plan Help

dimanche 20 décembre 2015

I am settling on my farm next month and wanted to run this plan by this forum. This will be my first year farming so please be gentle.

I will be growing about 40 acres in southern New Jersey, and since I don't own it yet, all planting will need to be done in the spring.

About 20 acres have an old but viable alfalfa crop that I plan to overseed orchard grass into using a no till drill to increase yield for the next 2-3 years. The remaining fields are weed with a little OG so they need to be completely overhauled. Plan for 15 of the acres is to kill then no till drill OG. The remaining 5 acres will become paddock and pasture and will get an endophyte friendly tall fescue or fescue OG mix after killing using a NT drill.

I'll take any help I can get. What OG variety do you recommend?

Thank you

Hay Plan Help

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire