Best disc mower-conditioner

mercredi 16 décembre 2015

I'm looking at trading my mo-co by the end of this year. I currently have a NH 499 12' center-pivot machine. I really like it and would purchase another one if I could but it was discontinued in 2012. Been pricing out a new NH 14' H7150 online and was shocked at how much they want for a new sickle machine. I do mostly alfalfa with my mo-co and really like the clean cut I get with a sickle machine. But just for comparison I did a build-and-price on a new NH 313 discbine and it is basically the same price as a sickle machine.

 

So now that has got me to thinking about getting a disc mo-co instead. So that's what my question is - what brand/model is the best one available right now for mostly alfalfa cutting? I am absolutely color-blind for this machine - I pretty much have any brand dealer within 30-40 miles from me. MacDon, JD, Case-IH, New Holland and MF/Hesston are all fair game as far as I'm concerned. I think there is even a Vermeer dealer not too far from me.

 

Some downsides that I have heard over the years about using a disc mo-co in alfalfa have been: 

 

1. Doesn't have the nice clean cut of a sickle machine and thus retards the regrowth of the next cutting of alfalfa

 

2. In light crops, it doesn't get all the hay thrown into the conditioner rolls

 

3. Higher maintenance costs

 

Possibly some or all of these concerns have been addressed with the newest machines now available? That's why I'm asking questions.

 

Are steel rolls or rubber rolls better on these machines? I have had good luck with the chevron-type rolls in my NH 499 over the years.

 

I think most (if not all) brands have the double gearbox swivel-type hitch now. Is the drawbar or 2-point type the best?

 

I think some brands now use hydraulic drive vs. mechanical drive - is one or the other better?

 

Any other options that I should look for on these machines?

 

Thanks a lot for any input!



Best disc mower-conditioner

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire