When is enough enough?

samedi 26 décembre 2015

Commodity prices are down if you guys haven't noticed, so farm income is a lot lower this year, with that being said, when is it time to ditch my POS mower

My Kuhn GMD 77hd is toast. I rebuilt the cutter bar last year and dumped over 3000 into a machine only worth 2500. Now I spun another, brand new bearing, broke the float spring and the bolts holding the tarp to the gear box stripped thru. Quoted would be another 4 to 5k if I fix it myself. I'm pretty sure the mower is totaled.

I recently purchased a new Baler and bale wagon and really don't have the funds to upgrade mowers. So I may be forced to down grade. Is there any good options for cheap mowers or other alternives? Hiring a custom guy is out of the picture due to my distances between feilds and size of feilds. I'm not afraid to go back to a sickle machine for the time being. I have located a nh 479 that looks real nice. Not sure what he is wanting out of it. It has been sitting in his she'd for quite a few years and he seemed stunned when I asked if it would be for sale. Also found a JD 1600 for $2500 with a minor problem (as if I didn't need another @$$ ache).

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

When is enough enough?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire