Hay Loft above horse stalls? Will it hold the weight?

mardi 29 décembre 2015

So framing up 4 horse stalls in my new pole barn for my wife Christmas present.  I drilled and concreted 4x4x12ft posts in for the stall fronts and 2 exposed sides inside barn.  Overall my hay loft above will be 24'x30'x6'6".  I'm planning on running 2x10x10's the 30ft length every 16" OC spanning 10ft between the stalls, and walkway(walkway divides 2 stalls on each side)  So I guess my question is will that hold all the hay up there?  If my figuring is right I'm  looking at roughly 200 bales per layer at 4 layers high so 800 bales total up there.  When I came up with this I'm thinking that's around 36,000lbs up there of hay?  Is this going to be safe/hold up?  Thanks guys



Hay Loft above horse stalls? Will it hold the weight?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire