A tip for curtis plow owners

mercredi 28 décembre 2016

Here is a tip for anyone who has a curtis plow from Kubota on their RTV .Most who own one will know you have a limited amount of lift on the plow and are lucky to have 4 to 6 inches ground clearance while raised.Today I looked over mine to see what I could do to get more lift.The way its designed the bars hit the frame and only allow you the short lift.I examined mine to see what could be done that was easy with no major surgery.What I did was where the bars hit the frame plate I marked the area with a grease pencil and ground out 1/2 inch of the plateand then ground the notch on a 45.By removing the 1/2 inch of steel which does NOT effect the structural quality I gained 4 inches of lift so I have about 10 inches of ground clearance now instead of the 4 to 6 inches.If anyone is interested in this let me know and ill post some pictures.It took about 1 hour to do with a heavy dury grinder but in the end was well worth the effort to gain the xtra 4 inches of ground clearance.I may in the future grind off more to bet more clearence but my back has been bothering me and im happy to have gained what I got today.I think they should have designed this a lot different from the beginning but you know how Kubota is sometimes.Hopefully this will help me from getting stuck because the plow blade wouldnt come up high enough.
Have a great new year and ill check back in periodically to see if there is a need to post images.


Mark


A tip for curtis plow owners

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire