Cold Weather Clipping of Hayfields

mardi 20 décembre 2016

This got a little discussion a month or so back and I really need to clip one thick orchard grass field that grew too much in the late fall.  Probably clip at 6-8" to try to reduce the amount of old dead stuff that would be in otherwise premo bales in the spring.   I really don't want to be on that field when it is thawed and greasy and it isn't going to dry out enough to be hard when not frozen.  So, my question is do you damage the grass plants when you drive on them frozen?  Never really faced that issue before but it seems if I drive on my lawn with heavy frost on it with the gator, it makes marks that take months to overcome.  But, I spread manure all winter on frozen ground with no obvious damage.  Anyone have any experience on this?  thanks.rick



Cold Weather Clipping of Hayfields

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire