First Impressions - RTV X1100c

lundi 19 décembre 2016

I just purchased a turbocharged RTV X1100c and added a Boss V-Plow for snow plowing at my 8500' elevation property. We had a 4" snow, so thought is would be a good time learn how to plow snow. It was around -15 F the night before, but it was about 6 F when I cranked it up.

First problem was that it would crank, but it would not start. Tried turning the key for the glow plug light to come on for 5 s to 15 s, but would not start. Even used jumper cables from the car, and it would crank faster but still not start. I spent some time moving the generator into the garage to get power for the block heater, but it finally did start before I could get the generator all hooked up. (I do not yet have the solar electric system operating in the garage.) The fuel in the engine was that provided by the dealer, so I don't know details on fuel. I had added some Opti-Lube into the fuel (@1:256) based on results quoted on this forum, but it was dumped into the top of the full fuel tank, so it did not have time to mix for these starting tests.

I let it warm up about 10 minutes before beginning to plow. I used Low range for plowing, since the Kubota is new and I wanted to avoid high loads. I tried both the float position and the fixed position on the Boss V-Plow, and the float position seemed to dig up the dirt driveway a little too much. I killed the engine once and bogged it down once trying to plow up a ~25 deg. incline. Remembered the comments from this forum about backing off on foot peddle going uphill, and that seemed to solve that problem.

Overall the rig seemed to plow OK, but I don't know much about plowing. The shifting between Low and Reverse was awkward and difficult. Tried tapping the foot peddle before shifting, and that helped, but still much to difficult for a modern machine. 4WD was needed to avoid spinning the rear (Rip-Saw) tires, perhaps because I had no additional weight in the rear cargo area and the Boss V-Plow weighs 400 lbs. I was not able to shift it out of 4WD at the end of the day. So ease of shifting the hydro transmissions and the 2WD-to-4WD get a failing grade, unless there are tricks that I have yet to learn.

The Sedona 26x10R-12 Rip-Saw tires were supplied by the dealer, but are only rated for 441 lbs. each, so are insufficient for this 2370 lb. (empty) vehicle. Recommended inflation pressure is 7 psi, but the dealer inflated to 20 psi?

Lee

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Kubota_RTV_winter_sm2.jpg (67.3 KB)


First Impressions - RTV X1100c

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire