Round vs large square leaf loss

mercredi 14 mars 2018

We don't sell any hay and all of the hay we put up is used on property. We've been using a 3x3 CIH 8575 and it is a fantastic baler. The problem is I need to use it at another site that is 50 miles away and don't really want to transport it back and forth. So, my solution is buy a couple round balers to bale the 500 acres at home. They are inexpensive and seem to be plentiful. For less than half the cost of a good used 3x3, I can buy 2 good used 5x6 round balers. This would also allow me use the tractors I already have and save me from having to buy a 130 hp tractor that I wouldn't really use the rest of the year. The question I have is, are round balers harder on the hay than large square balers? That is, is there more leaf loss in the process of making round bales vs large square? Thanks



Round vs large square leaf loss

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire