Steep Grades?

mardi 13 mars 2018

I’ve made my decision and plan to acquire a new RTV X1100C. I had high hopes for the RTV-XG850 Sidekick but it’s lacking in many areas and is the same as other UTV offerings with no real advantage over the competition.

I have one serious concern about the X1100C’s ability to climb steep grades? I’ll be using it on my vacation property where there are some very steep inclines. I’ve never measured the grade, but if I were to hazard a guess, one part of my gravel road is approaching a 30-35%.

I’m looking for some experiences or anecdotes on using the X1100C on steep grades. I don’t really care about the speed getting up the incline but want to make sure I can make it up without stalling. I know there are accessories like a hand throttle that can help with keeping the vehicle in the power band but there would be serious consequences if it stalled out and slid over the side of the road. For the winter months, I plan on installing chains or tracks.

The nearest Kubota dealer is 150 miles away so I don’t have an opportunity to try one on the property before I buy.

Appreciate any feedback.


Steep Grades?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire